August 10, 2009

Beeeeeeeeeees !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few weeks ago Lisa and her students had a surprise with a swarm of honey bees. Not just a few, but holy cow numbers. So when I got home it was you take care of this quickly. So started to move things in the barn and saw this to start with.

Then decided I needed better protection. ( Anyone that knows me for more than a day knows what I was dressed in - shorts and t-shirt)

Then moved the shelf and found this. Not to excited to take care of it. But I did it anyway. Only 2 stings on my hand, not to bad.

As you can see from the stud cavity on the left this has happened before with the previous family, maybe next year we give them a hive out by the road. Then we can have some honey and the garden can be pollinated.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Thanks. I've officially got the heebeejeebies.

Jacky Barenberg said...

Holy Cow Numbers is right. Wow you were braver than I ever would be to move them bees.

Unknown said...

I am not sure which pictures are more funny. You in the bee protection suit or that kid and his beans!

Danelle

Grandma O. said...

I agree with Danelle. I was laughing so hard at Zachs bee protection suit that I had to go pull charley away from his home work to come look. We had a good laugh as we scrolled down through Alex and his beans. Love you bunches!